A 3-day public or single organisation course. Also available as eLearning and Blended
This PRINCE2® (6th Edition) Foundation training course provides students with a practical understanding of the key concepts, principles, themes, processes and stages of project management which enables successful projects. It also prepares delegates for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Examination. This project management course uses the best practice approach from AXELOS.
Who Should Attend Our PRINCE2 Foundation Training Courses?
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology, structure and key concepts, and how it may be used to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of project management within an organization.
- Managers, team leaders or other professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted PRINCE2 who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to one or more projects or a larger programme.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Course Objectives
- Enables delegates to understand the concept of a project, and to comprehend and explain the concept and characteristics of a project, including the key aspects of project performance
- To help the candidate to understand the 7 principles of PRINCE2, being:
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- To help the candidate to define the 9 themes – aspects of Project Management that must be addressed continually:
- Business Case theme
- Organization theme
- Quality theme
- Plans theme
- Risk theme
- Change theme
- Progress theme
- To help the candidate to understand the 7 PRINCE2 processes:
- Starting up a Project process
- Directing a Project process
- Initiating a Project process
- Managing a Stage Boundary process
- Controlling a Stage process
- Managing Product Delivery process
- Closing a Project process
- Prepares delegates for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination (6th edition).
The PRINCE2 (6th Edition) Foundation Course Structure
Classroom: This is an instructor-led classroom (physical or virtual) based course that uses a combination of lectures, group discussions, assignments and sample exams to reinforce the key learning topics, and is based on AXELOS Best Practice Guidelines as documented in the Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2 (6th Edition) book (available for purchase separately).
eLearning: This is a self-paced online version of the course which uses recorded lectures, checkpoint tests and sample exams normally available for a 90-day licence. The exam is provided remotely online after the training.
Blended: This is a combination of eLearning and 4 regular 2-hour progress/revisions usually spread over 8 weeks
All courses include the exam.
The PRINCE2 Professional Qualification
The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate, which is a pre-requisite for the PRINCE2 Practitioner course. The format for the exam paper is 60 multiple-choice questions. It is a supervised, closed-book exam – the duration of which is a maximum of 60 minutes if taken in the delegate’s native language.
Fox IT provides PRINCE2 foundation training courses in the UK and around the world via our partners.
Contact us directly on the phone or we can get intouch with you →